Avaya 1616 IP Handset for IP Office
“What does this really mean to me?”
Easy to use – Low Cost & Highly efficient handsfree display IP Phone.
The Avaya 1616 IP Telephone is designed for the Navigator user. Receptionists, assistants, and managers are examples of Navigator users – people who answer incoming calls, transfer customers to different departments or extensions, and monitor several line appearances throughout a typical day. For the Navigator user, the 1616 provides the most one-touch line/feature/speed-dial buttons without the need to scroll through on-screen lists.
The Avaya 1616 supports 16 line appearances/feature keys on the phone itself – and a 32 button expansion model provides access to a total of 48 feature keys or speed dial buttons. Each of the buttons features a dual LED (red, green) providing explicit status for the user. For a familiar look and feel, the 1616 includes several fixed feature keys for common telephone tasks including conference, transfer, drop, hold, and mute. In addition, the 1616 includes a high quality 2-way speakerphone, and supports a broad portfolio of Avaya wired and wireless headsets through its integrated headset jack.
The 1616 features a context sensitive user interface along with three softkeys and a four-way navigation cluster – ideal for scrolling through the local contacts list or call logs. The viewing angle of the display on the 1616 is adjustable and measures four lines by 24 characters. Additional caller related information is displayed with active appearances for easier call handling. The display is backlit for easier viewing in all lighting conditions.
Security and reliability:
With enhanced protection against denial of service attacks as well as improved VLAN separation, the 1616 delivers the high level of security and quality that you’ve come to expect from Avaya.
- Backlit display – 3.5” diagonal, 4 rows by 24 characters with adjustable display angle
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset – supporting TTD acoustic coupler
- 16 line appearance/feature key buttons – with dual LED’s (red, green)
- 2-way speakerphone**
- Message waiting indicator
- Dual position flip stand
- Four-way navigation cluster button
- Three contextual softkey buttons
- Volume button – (separate volume levels in the handset, headset, speaker, and ringer)
- Message button
- Telephony application button – to return to main telephone screen
- Avaya Menu button – (options and settings access)
- Contacts button
- Call log button
- Redial button
- Speaker button
- Mute button
- Headset button
- Hold button
- Conference button
- Transfer button
- Drop button
- Ethernet (10/100) line interface with a secondary 10/100 port for collocated laptop or PC
- Module interface – for 32 button expansion module
- PoE 802.3af class 2 device, also supports a local power supply
- Headset interface
- Wall mount kit available
- Optional Gigabit Adapter for Gigabit connectivity to a PC
- 3 x 24 Character Backlight Display
- Eight (8) Administrable Feature Keys
- Three (3) Soft Keys
- Fifteen (15) Hard Function Keys for Hold, Mute, Conference, Drop, Transfer, Speaker, Volume Up, Volume Down, Menu, Contacts, Call Log, Phone Screen, Headset, and Messages
- Contacts application with up to 100 entries
- Call Log application with up to 100 entries. Main view shows a Consolidated List, but Left/Right arrows can be used to show Missed, Answered, and Outgoing entries.
- Navigation Cluster
- Integrated Ethernet Switch
- 2-way speaker with Omni directional microphone
- Paper Labels
- Two (2) LEDs (Red/Green) per feature button
- Message Waiting Indicator
- Adjustable angle flip stand
- Wall mountable
- IP H.323 support only
- Codecs include G.711, G.729A/B, G.726
- Quality of Service (QoS) using 802.1p/Q and/or DiffServ
- 802.3af PoE supported (Power Class 2), as well as optional 5VDC adapter
- User Interface support includes English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- Contacts application – supports up to 100 entries
- Call log – contains last 100 calls
- H.323 protocol support
- Standards-based codec support: G.711, G.726, G.729A/B
- Supports the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese (half width Katakana).
- Additional language support available on the 1616‑I: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Hebrew and Arabic.
- Avaya Communication Manager 3.0 or greater
- Avaya IP Office 4.2 (11) or greater
- Local or centralized electrical power. Through an 802.3af switch, or local power supply.
- HTTP file server.