The Avaya 1603 supports 3 line appearances / feature keys. Each of the buttons includes dual LED’s (red, green) providing explicit status for the user. For a familiar look and feel, the 1603 includes several fixed feature keys for common telephone tasks including conference, transfer, drop, hold, mute. In addition, the 1603 includes a 2-way speakerphone. The display on the 1603 measures two lines by 16 characters and is backlit for easier viewing in all lighting conditions. The 1603SW supports all the same features of the 1603 but also includes an extra 10/100 Ethernet port for a collocated laptop or PC.
With enhanced protection against denial of service attacks as well as improved VLAN separation, the 1603 delivers the high level of security and quality that you’ve come to expect from Avaya.
- Backlit display – 2.6” diagonal, 2 rows by 16 characters
- Ergonomic hearing aid compatible handset – supporting TTD acoustic coupler
- 3 line appearance/feature key buttons – with dual LED’s (red, green)
- 2 way speakerphone**
- Message waiting indicator
- Reversible wedge stand for desktop and wall-mount use.
- Volume button – (separate volume levels in the handset, speaker, and ringer)
- Avaya Menu button – (options and settings access)
- Redial button
- Speaker button
- Mute button
- Hold button
- Conference button
- Transfer button
- Drop button
- Single Ethernet (10/100) line interface
- Secondary Ethernet (10/100) line interface on the 1603SW
- Optional IEEE PoE 802.3af adapter registers as class 1 device
- Optional 5V wall-plug local power supply
- Optional Gigabit Adapter for Gigabit connectivity to a PC.
- H.323 protocol support
- Standards-based codec support: G.711, G.726, G.729A/B
- Supports the following languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese (half width Katakana).
- Additional language support available on the 1603SW-I: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Hebrew and Arabic.
- Avaya Communication Manager 3.0 or greater
- Avaya IP Office R4.2 (11) or greater for 1603, Avaya IP Office R5.0 or greater for 1603SW
- Local or centralized electrical power. Through an 802.3af switch, or local power supply.
- HTTP file server