1608 IP Handsets allows you to plug into any Ethernet port and the system will automatically recognise it. (subject to a managed network switch being used) Adds, moves and changes have never been easier than with these AVAYA IP handsets.
One of the best additions to the new Avaya 1608 phone is the green and red LED lights next to the flex keys. In a typical office you can see with a simple glance if people are on the phone or available (if that’s what you program the keys for). This is perfect for small office in particular where you may not have a dedicated receptionist or where many staff help out in the call answering process.
If you’re looking to implement the One-X Portal HTML platform where you can do everything with the click of a mouse then you don’t necessarily need the more expensive, feature rich 1616 model. The 1608 does everything 90% of staff could want.
The Avaya One-X Portal allows you to do everything you need on screen from seeing who is on the phone, or forwarded, DND to voicemail messages, Answering and even transferring calls, accessing personal and company speed dials and even co-ordinating a conference call. One of the great new features is the instant messaging which removes the need for expensive platforms that need their own server.
Features of Avaya 1608 IP telephone include:
- Fifteen (15) Hard Function Keys for Hold, Mute, Conference, Drop, Transfer, Speaker, Volume Up, Volume Down, Menu, Contacts, Call Log, Phone Screen, Headset, and Messages
- Contacts application with up to 100 entries
- Call Log application with up to 100 entries. Main view shows a Consolidated List, but Left/Right arrows can be used to show Missed, Answered, and Outgoing entries.
- Navigation Cluster
- Integrated Ethernet Switch
- 2-way speaker with Omni directional microphone
- Paper Labels
- Message Waiting Indicator
- Adjustable angle flip stand
- Wall mountable